Saturday, August 16, 2008

Packing Pictures

This was Kitty's idea of a protest. 

Everything I will need for a year, more or less. Really makes me think about the notion of possessions. Perhaps the next year will bring about a significant lifestyle change . . . 

Of all the western goods you can find in China, tampons are not one of them -- much to my dismay. Thus, here is my (hopeful) year supply. 

Each practice pack I undertake, I shed a little more "possession weight" -- leaving behind a pair of shoes here, a skirt there. This is good for me, as I think I will be more happy the less I have to lug around with me on my voyage to my new home. Although it may seem to signify over-preparation to pack days in advance, I am quite happy with my decision to do such as it will, no doubt, allow me to stay calm the night before leaving. Or so I hope . . . 

1 comment:

david santos said...

Really beautiful!!!
Have a nice weekend.