Monday, August 25, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring

I think monsoon season has officially begun. It is about 7:30 in the morning on Monday, and the rain is coming down like I cannot even believe. It is so thick that I cannot see the neighboring high-rise apartment buildings from my balcony. There is thunder and lightning as well., and it seems to be lingering right over the school. I have no idea how I am going to make it to the other side of campus for the health check this morning. I have no umbrella or rain jacket.

Addition to running TrustMart list: Umbrella.

From what I can tell, most of the students have begun to move in to the dorms on campus. Turns out that my bedroom/ living room window looks directly at the front of a five-story boys dorm. So much for privacy, eh? The boys get up very early in the morning, and do some type of military training drills. Chinese sounds like an angry language to me still anyway so when you get a group of 50-100 boys together all yelling the same thing in unison, it is kind of hard to sleep after that.

Their rooms are small. And when I say small, I mean really small. In all, they might be 7’x10’ and four boys occupy each room. They have their desks all lined up on one wall, and then two sets of bunk beds on the other. So much for privacy on their end as well, I suppose.

The rain is just continuing to get worse, and I am realizing that I have absolutely nothing appropriate to wear, even down to my shoes. This is going to be a terrible walk to Helen’s office.

No comments: