Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Morning Grading

With the epic events of this weekend, I put my grading off until this morning knowing that I would have an hour and a half free before my first class. To be honest, I was kind of dreading it. There is a TON of grading coming up this week since it is Midterm time, so I was feeling pretty hesitant about adding even more to it.

Leave it to my 9th graders to make it worth my while, with loads of laughs.

You may or may not remember a little anecdote I shared about a month ago about a student who was trying to describe the color of my ever-changing hair. Finally, he came up with "rotting bananas". I was much more impressed than offended, and we laughed about it for days to come.

Look at what he drew on the back of his quiz. I can only assume its me. . . who else could he possibly know with hair the color of rotting bananas?

Its a kind rendering, because its a rare occasion that I look that bright-eyed in class.



Check out the name on this one. The best part (yes, it gets better) occurred when I jokingly asked the student about it. I showed it to him, pointed at the name, and looked at him inquisitively.

"Oh, shoot!" he exclaimed! "I forgot to write father!"

He had no intention of being God, only The Godfather.


Asians, specifically Koreans, really like to make "cute poo" products. Pens. Stationary. Little figurines. Even candy. One of my students was poo inspired at the end of the quiz, and drew this on the back. Think he was trying to tell me something about my quiz writing skills? Perhaps . . .

A hat. Cake. Flan. You decide.

No comments: